Red Ribbon Week is October 10-14!
Here is the list of events:
Monday: RED-y to Live a Drug Free Life! (Wear a RED shirt)
Tuesday: Follow Your Dreams, Don't Do Drugs! (Wear pajamas)
Wednesday: I have the POWER to be Drug Free! (Wear a Super-hero shirt/cape)
Thursday: Be Sure to Lei Off of Drugs! (Wear Hawaiian/beach shirt)
Friday: Wild About Being Drug Free! (Come with crazy and wild hair)
Canyons District is now accepting applications to its Dual Immersion Language Programs for the 2017-2018 school year.
The deadline to submit an application is November 23, 2016.
In addition, parents and guardians who have questions about the programs are invited to attend a Parent Information Night on Monday, November 28, 2016 at the Canyons Administrative Building-East, 9361 South 300 East. The event will be from 6 to 8 p.m. in the building's Professional Development Center.
CSD is home to eight elementary Dual Language Programs: Mandarin Chinese-English programs are at Draper, Lone Peak, and Ridgecrest elementary schools; French-English programs are at Butler and Oak Hollow elementary schools; and Spanish-English classes are taught at Alta View, Silver Mesa and Midvale elementary schools.
All programs, except for the Midvale program, are for students entering first grade for the 2017-2018 school year. The Midvale Spanish-English dual-language immersion program is for students entering kindergarten for the coming school year.
A lottery will be held to determine entrance into the programs if the number of applications is greater than the number of space available in the classes.
Questions? Call the CSD Instructional Supports Department at 801-826-5045.
Applications are online at: https://dual.canyonsdistrict.org
Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:20 a.m. to 3:50 p.m. Please allow at least one school day from the date of registration for teachers to prepare for the new student to start.
New Student Registration Steps:
The complete in-office registration process will take approximately 15 minutes.
- Parent or legal guardian brings in all of the required documents below to the office. (Office will make copies of originals.)
- Parent prints registration forms below or completes forms in the office.
- Office staff enters student information into the Skyward system.
- Office staff gives parent Skyward Family Access username and password for online registration.
- In-office registration is complete as long as all documents are up-to-date.
- Parent completes online registration. (This is usually done at home. Computers are available in the office with advance notice.)
- Online Registration: Online registration is mandatory for all students EVERY school year. This is completed through the primary guardian's Skyward Family Access account.
- After online registration, the parent may see the teacher's name in Skyward Family Access under Schedule.
- Parent brings new student to meet his or her teacher either 15-20 minutes before the arrival bell (8:50 a.m.) or after the dismissal bell at 3:20 p.m. Please note: Traffic is very congested 10 minutes before and after school.
ALL of the following documents must be brought into the office before a student can be registered.
- Original Birth Certificate
- Complete Immunization Record OR Exemption Form from the Utah Department of Health
- For immunization requirements, please review the Utah Immunization Rule.
- To make an appointment for vaccinations or an exemption form at a Utah Health Department clinic, call 385-468-SHOT (7468). The closest clinic to Lone Peak Elementary is the Southeast location at 9340 South 700 East. ***Appointments are required.***
- Proof of Address (utility bill, driver's license, etc.) OR Permit
- If the student lives outside of Lone Peak Elementary boundaries, a permit must be obtained from the main office. Permits may be approved or denied by the principal.
Students transferring from another CANYONS school: Students transferring from another school in the Canyons District are NOT required to provide an original birth certificate or immunization record, provided they are complete and on record with the current school. Proof of address or permit is still required, as well as registration in the office. Online Registration is also required again for Lone Peak Elementary.
The following forms are required for registration and can be filled out before registration or in the office:
- Student Residency Questionnaire RESIDENCY.pdf
- Lone Peak Elementary Registration Form LPREGFORM.pdf
- Request for Records PERMREQUEST.pdf
- Kindergarten Session Preference Form (OPTIONAL - Kindergarten) KINDSESSION.pdf
- Title VII Form (OPTIONAL - Indian Certification) TITLEVII.pdf
- ALCF Form (OPTIONAL - English Language Learners) ALCF.pdf
Please use the Bus Routes and Eligibility tool located at http://edulog.canyonsdistrict.org/liveweb/webquery/ to find out if your student is eligibile for transportation and to view the exact bus stop locations and times. Kindergarten bussing may take 24-48 hours to be coordinated. Please notify the office AND teacher ASAP if your kindergartener will be riding the bus. Students on permit are NOT eligible for transportation.