Table of Contents
We are now accepting new student enrollment applications for the 2023-2024 school year. Please carefully review the information and important dates below.
Current Year Enrollment Steps (2023-2024)
Any student who is not currently attending Lone Peak Elementary must complete the enrollment application process. This includes students who have been accepted on permit or into the dual immersion program for next year.
- Use this ENROLLMENT LINK to complete the enrollment application.
- Guardians new to Canyons District should select “Temporary Account for New Student Enrollment.”
- Guardians with students already attending Canyons District should select “New Student Enrollment” and use their existing Skyward Family Access login information.
- Upload ALL of the required documents below to the enrollment application.
(See exceptions below for displaced or homeless students, current Canyons District students, and out-of-boundary students accepted on permit or into dual immersion.)
- Birth Certificate
- Birth certificates can be printed in-person at most Utah Health Departments.
- Immunization Record (printout, not yellow card) OR Exemption Training Certificate
- Incomplete Immunizations: Students who have not yet received all immunizations should still submit their current record at the time of application. The completed record must be sent to the school within the first 30 calendar days of school or the student will be excluded from school
- Proof of Residency – Acceptable Documents
- Must be the whole document, not a picture of the envelope
- Birth Certificate
- If all of the documents have been received, you should receive an email confirmation from the school that your enrollment application has been approved within two business days.
- Kindergarten students – All kindergarten classes in Canyons District will be full-day starting in 2023-2024. Participation is not required. If you would prefer to have your child attend on a half-day schedule, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org to complete the process.
- Final Step – Once you receive an email confirmation from the school that your enrollment application is approved, the final step is to complete Back-to-School Online Registration, which opens on August 7, 2023. This is required for every student, every school year. The guardian listed first in Skyward Family Access will need to complete this.
Required Document Exceptions
- Students who are displaced or experiencing homelessness, including living with someone else due to financial hardship, may not be required to submit all documents with the enrollment application. The housing questionnaire section on the application should be marked accordingly. If living with someone else due to financial hardship, an Affirmation of Residence should be completed and notarized with the homeowner at the district office for proof of address. Enrollment application is still required. The school can assist with computer access if not available.
- Students transferring from another Canyons District school do not need to provide a birth certificate or immunization record, provided they are on file with the current school. Enrollment application and proof of address are still required.
- Students who do not live inside Lone Peak Elementary boundaries who have either been accepted on permit or have been notified of acceptance into the dual immersion program do not need to provide proof of address. Enrollment application, birth certificate, and immunization record are still required.
Students interested in the dual immersion program (Mandarin Chinese) who are entering 1st grade in the 2023-2024 school year can find more information or apply at http://dual.canyonsdistrict.org/. Students apply during their kindergarten year when the application window opens, usually in the fall.
Please search our website for answers to frequently asked questions, like school hours, calendars and bell schedules, busing, lunch menus, etc.
For any other questions, please email Mary Hardy (Administrative Assistant) or call the school at 801-826-8650.