Table of Contents
We are now accepting new student enrollment applications for the 2022-2023 school year. Please carefully review the information and important dates below.
Current Year Enrollment Steps (2022-2023)
Any student not currently attending Lone Peak Elementary must complete the enrollment application process. This includes students who have been accepted on permit or into the dual immersion or supplemental kindergarten program.
- Use this ENROLLMENT LINK to complete the enrollment application.
- Guardians new to Canyons District should select “Temporary Account for New Student Enrollment.”
- Guardians with students already attending Canyons District should select “New Student Enrollment” and use their existing Skyward Family Access login information.
- Upload ALL of the required documents below to the enrollment application.
(See exceptions below for McKinney Vento students, current Canyons District students, and out-of-boundary students accepted on permit or into dual immersion or supplemental kindergarten.)
- Birth Certificate
- Birth certificates can be printed in-person at most Utah Health Departments.
- Immunization Record (printout, not yellow card) OR Exemption Training Certificate
- Incomplete Immunizations: Students who have not yet received all immunizations should still submit their current record at the time of application. The completed record must be sent to the school within the first 30 calendar days of school or the student will be excluded from school
- Proof of Residency – Acceptable Documents
- Must be the whole document, not a picture of the envelope
- Birth Certificate
- If all of the documents have been received, you should receive an email confirmation from the school that your enrollment application has been approved within two business days.
- For kindergarten students, please see the information below on supplemental (all-day) kindergarten program or submit the AM/PM Kindergarten Session Request Form. If your student does not apply for supplemental kindergarten or fill out an AM/PM Kindergarten Session Request Form, he/she will be placed in an AM/PM class where there is room.
- Once you receive an email confirmation from the school that your enrollment application is approved, the final step is to complete Online Registration during your student’s first week of school (it will not be active until their first day). This is required for every student, every school year. You will complete this using the Skyward Family Access account that you created and log in here.
McKinney Vento students, current Canyons District students, and out-of-boundary students accepted on permit or into dual immersion or supplemental kindergarten
- Students who are displaced or experiencing homelessness, including living with someone else due to financial hardship, may not be required to submit all documents with the enrollment application. The housing questionnaire section on the application should be marked accordingly. If living with someone else due to financial hardship, an Affirmation of Residence should be completed and notarized with the homeowner at the district office for proof of address. Enrollment application is still required. The school can assist with computer access if not available.
- Students transferring from another Canyons District school do not need to provide a birth certificate or immunization record, provided they are on file with the current school. Enrollment application and proof of address are still required.
- Students who do not live inside Lone Peak Elementary boundaries who have either been accepted on permit or have been notified of acceptance into the dual immersion or supplemental kindergarten program do not need to provide proof of address. Enrollment application, birth certificate, and immunization record are still required.
Supplemental (All-Day) Kindergarten
Students interested in the supplemental (all-day) program, can find more information or apply at http://ksih.canyonsdistrict.org/. Application window opened on January 25, 2022 at 10 a.m., first-come, first-served.
Students interested in the Mandarin Chinese dual immersion program who are entering 1st grade in the 2022-2023 school year can find more information or apply at http://dual.canyonsdistrict.org/. Students can apply during their kindergarten year. The application window opened October 3, 2022.
Please search our website for answers to frequently asked questions, like school hours, calendars and bell schedules, busing, lunch menus, etc.
For any other questions, please email Mary Hardy (Administrative Assistant) or call the school at 801-826-8650.