Starts April 8, 2019. **AM/PM session preference will be granted first-come, first-serve for students who complete registration and whose documents are current and complete.**
We will hold a Kindergarten Orientation on April 19, 2019 from 9:30 - 11:00.
All Grades Registration
Starts April 22, 2019
After Summer Registration
July 30: 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
July 31: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
First Day of School (Grades 1-5): August 19, 2019
First Day of School (Kindergarten): August 22, 2019
The complete in-office registration process will take approximately 15-20 minutes per student.
- Parent or legal guardian brings in ALL of the required documents below to the office. (Office will make copies of originals.)
- Parent prints registration forms below or completes forms in the office.
- Office staff enters student information into the Skyward system.
- Office staff gives guardians Skyward Family Access username and password.
- In-office registration is complete as long as all documents are up-to-date.
- Parent completes mandatory online registration between August 1st - August 16th. (This is usually done at home. Computers are available in the office with advance notice.)
- Online Registration: Online registration is mandatory for all students EVERY school year. This is completed through the primary guardian's Skyward Family Access account.
- After online registration, the parent may see the teacher's name in Skyward Family Access under Schedule.
ALL of the following documents must be brought into the office before a student can be registered.
- Birth Certificate
- Complete Immunization Record OR Exemption Certificate from the Utah Department of Health
- Proof of Address OR Permit
- IN Lone Peak Elementary Boundary -
- utility bill, driver's license, or home/lease contract
- If you are not the home owner or leasee, please provide proof of address document in home owner's name AND letter from the home owner stating that student lives at that address.
- OUT of Lone Peak Elementary - a permit must be filled out online at: https://permits.canyonsdistrict.org.
- We are full and will NOT accept permits for the following grades:
- AM/PM Kindergarten
- To view your student's boundary school, visit: Boundary Locator.
- Students on permit are NOT eligible for transportation.
- IN Lone Peak Elementary Boundary -
Students transferring from another CANYONS school: Students transferring from another school in the Canyons District are NOT required to provide a birth certificate or immunization record, provided they are complete and on record with the current school. Proof of address or permit are still required, as well as registration in the office. Online registration is also required again for Lone Peak Elementary.
Required Registration Forms:
The following forms are required for registration and can be filled out before registration or in the office:
- Student Housing Questionnaire HOUSING.pdf
- Lone Peak Elementary Registration Form LPREGFORM_19_20.pdf
- Request for Records (1st - 5th Grade Only) PERM_REQUEST.pdf
- Kindergarten Session Preference Form (Kindergarten Only) KIND_SESSION_19_20.pdf
Please use the Bus Routes and Eligibility tool located at http://edulog.canyonsdistrict.org/liveweb/webquery/ to find out if your student is eligibile for transportation and to view the exact bus stop locations and times. Students on permit are NOT eligible for transportation. Parents must provide all transportation to and from school.
It is important that we obtain an accurate count of all children qualifying for kindergarten in the Canyons School District for the 2019-2020 school year. If you have a child who will be five years of age ON or BEFORE September 1, 2019, the child qualifies for next year's kindergarten program. State law requires that all school districts in Utah abide by the same September 1st entrance cut-off date.
We will hold a Kindergarten Orientation on April 19, 2019. Orientation details and registration packets will be mailed out in March 2019 if you fill out the form below.
Students who do NOT live in Lone Peak Elementary boundaries must fill out a permit application online at permits.canyonsdistrict.org. Permits are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. The open enrollment permit window closes on February 13, 2019 at 10:00 a.m.
At this time, we do not know how many kindergarten sessions we will have next year. We hope to have this information and session preference forms sent home with registration packets.
- If you are interested in the tuition-based, all-day, Supplemental Kindergarten Program, please look for information, starting February 1st at ksih.canyonsdistrict.org. The first-come, first-serve, application window will open online on February 15, 2019.
If you have neighbors who have qualifying kindergarten children, please share this information with them. For additional questions, please call the school at 801-826-8650.
Please read the important information below about scheduling upcoming parent teacher conferences.