Ready for ‘Big Kid’ School? Apply for CSD’s Supplemental Kindergarten Program
Ready for “big kid” school? Kindergarten is a critical year in a child’s education, and to make sure students get off to a strong start, we are expanding the number of hours some of our kindergartners spend in the classroom. Starting on Wednesday, Jan. 22 at 10 a.m., Canyons District will begin accepting online applications for its Supplemental Hours of Kindergarten Instruction program for the 2020-2021 school year. Our school is among 20 throughout the District that is offering the program. Students must be 5 years old by Sept. 1, 2020 to participate in the opt-in, tuition-based program. Space is limited and applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Phase one of the application process will end on Wednesday, Feb. 5 at 11:59 p.m., and by Feb. 12, families will be notified of whether their students have been admitted to a school of their choosing or placed on a waiting list. Canyons District will continue to accept applications after Feb. 5. Students who apply after that date will be added to a waiting list or invited to enroll at schools that still have openings. Students who are accepted into the program will receive nearly four additional hours of instruction every school day. The participating children begin and end school at the same time as the school’s first- through fifth-grade students. Cost for the program is $2,950 a year, and can be paid in monthly installments. A 10 percent discount is available for parents and guardians who pay the yearly tuition in full at one time. Read more on CSD’s website.
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2020 Teacher of the Year. Students, parents, patrons, PTAs, business partners, and Canyons employees are all invited to nominate an education during the nomination window, which ends Monday, February 3.
All teachers who have completed at least one year in the classroom are eligible for consideration. She or he also must showcase outstanding teaching practices, professionalism, and involvement in the school community.
Please use the form below and return to the school office by Monday, February 3.
Starts April 3, 2020. **AM/PM session preference will be granted first-come, first-serve for students who complete registration and whose documents are current and complete.**
We will hold a Kindergarten Orientation on April 3, 2020 from 9:30 - 11:00.
All Grades Registration
After Summer Registration
First Day of School (Grades 1-5): August 17, 2020
First Day of School (Kindergarten): August 20, 2020
The complete in-office registration process will take approximately 15-20 minutes per student.
- Parent or legal guardian brings in ALL of the required documents below to the office. (Office will make copies of originals.)
- Parent prints registration forms below or completes forms in the office.
- Office staff enters student information into the Skyward system.
- Office staff gives guardians Skyward Family Access username and password.
- In-office registration is complete as long as all documents are up-to-date.
- Parent completes mandatory online registration. (This is usually done at home. Computers are available in the office with advance notice.)
- Online Registration: Online registration is mandatory for all students EVERY school year. This is completed through the primary guardian's Skyward Family Access account.
- After online registration, the parent may see the teacher's name in Skyward Family Access under Schedule.
ALL of the following documents must be brought into the office before a student can be registered.
- Birth Certificate
- Complete Immunization Record OR Exemption Certificate from the Utah Department of Health
- Proof of Address OR Permit
- IN Lone Peak Elementary Boundary -
- *Information to be posted at a future date
- OUT of Lone Peak Elementary - a permit must be filled out online at: https://permits.canyonsdistrict.org.
- To view your student's boundary school, visit: Boundary Locator.
- Students on permit are NOT eligible for transportation.
- IN Lone Peak Elementary Boundary -
Students transferring from another CANYONS school: Students transferring from another school in the Canyons District are NOT required to provide a birth certificate or immunization record, provided they are complete and on record with the current school. Proof of address or permit are still required, as well as registration in the office. Online registration is also required again for Lone Peak Elementary.
Required Registration Forms:
The following forms are required for registration and can be filled out before registration or in the office:
- Student Housing Questionnaire *Information to be posted at a future date
- Lone Peak Elementary Registration Form *Information to be posted at a future date
- Request for Records (1st - 5th Grade Only) *Information to be posted at a future date
- Kindergarten Session Preference Form (Kindergarten Only) *Information to be posted at a future date
Please use the Bus Routes and Eligibility tool located at http://edulog.canyonsdistrict.org/liveweb/webquery/ to find out if your student is eligibile for transportation and to view the exact bus stop locations and times. Students on permit are NOT eligible for transportation. Parents must provide all transportation to and from school.