Table of Contents
We will begin accepting enrollment applications for the 2023-2024 school year on Monday, February 20, 2023 at 10 a.m.
Please carefully review the information and important dates below.
Next Year Enrollment Steps (2023-2024)
Any student not currently attending Lone Peak Elementary must complete the enrollment application process. This includes students who have been accepted on permit or into the dual immersion or supplemental kindergarten program for next year.
- Use this ENROLLMENT LINK to complete the enrollment application.
- Guardians new to Canyons District should select “Temporary Account for New Student Enrollment.”
- Guardians with students already attending Canyons District should select “New Student Enrollment” and use their existing Skyward Family Access login information.
- Upload ALL of the required documents below to the enrollment application.
(See exceptions below for McKinney Vento students, current Canyons District students, and out-of-boundary students accepted on permit or into dual immersion or supplemental kindergarten.)
- Birth Certificate
- Birth certificates can be printed in-person at most Utah Health Departments.
- Immunization Record (printout, not yellow card) OR Exemption Training Certificate
- Incomplete Immunizations: Students who have not yet received all immunizations should still submit their current record at the time of application. The completed record must be sent to the school within the first 30 calendar days of school or the student will be excluded from school
- Proof of Address – Acceptable Documents
- Must be the whole document, not a picture of the envelope
- Birth Certificate
- If all of the documents have been received, you should receive an email confirmation from the school within two business days that your enrollment application has been approved.
- Applications submitted during summer recess will not be processed until we return.
- For kindergarten students, please see the information at the bottom of this page about the (All-Day) Supplemental Kindergarten program or submit the (Half-Day) AM/PM Kindergarten Session Request when it opens on February 20, 2023. AM/PM requests are first-come, first-served after the enrollment application AND required documents have been submitted.
If your student does not apply for Supplemental Kindergarten or fill out an AM/PM Kindergarten Session Request Form, he/she will be placed in an AM/PM class where there is room.
- Once you receive an email confirmation from the school that your enrollment application is approved, the final step is to complete Back-to-School Online Registration, which opens in August 2023. This is required for every student, every school year. The guardian listed first in Skyward Family Access will need to complete this.
McKinney Vento students, current Canyons District students, and out-of-boundary students accepted on permit or into dual immersion or supplemental kindergarten
- Students who are displaced or experiencing homelessness, including living with someone else due to financial hardship, may not be required to submit all documents with the enrollment application. The housing questionnaire section on the application should be marked accordingly. If living with someone else due to financial hardship, an Affirmation of Residence should be completed and notarized with the homeowner at the district office for proof of address. Enrollment application is still required. The school can assist with computer access if not available.
- Students transferring from another Canyons District school do not need to provide a birth certificate or immunization record, provided they are on file with the current school. Enrollment application and proof of address are still required.
- Students who do not live inside Lone Peak Elementary boundaries who have either been accepted on permit or have been notified of acceptance into the dual immersion or supplemental kindergarten program do not need to provide proof of address. Enrollment application, birth certificate, and immunization record are still required.
(All-Day) Supplemental Kindergarten
Students interested in the supplemental (all-day) program, can find more information or apply at http://ksih.canyonsdistrict.org/. Application window opens on January 25, 2023 at 10 a.m., first-come, first-served.
Students interested in the Mandarin Chinese dual immersion program who are entering 1st grade in the 2023-2024 school year can find more information or apply at http://dual.canyonsdistrict.org/. Students apply during their kindergarten year when the application window opens, usually in the fall.
Please search our website for answers to frequently asked questions, like school hours, calendars and bell schedules, busing, lunch menus, etc.
For any other questions, please email Mary Hardy (Administrative Assistant) or call the school at 801-826-8650-