The DLI Lottery application window is currently open. Lottery applications will be accepted through November 20th. Please remember that although siblings have preferential placement in the DLI program, it is still necessary for you to submit a lottery application for a younger sibling wanting to enter the program. Without a lottery application turned in, on or before November 20th, the sibling will lose the preferential placement.
Lone Peak Elementary School student drop off and pick up is a very busy time. As a result, we are outlining the procedures for you to ensure the safety of our students. Please read the important information in the memo below. Thank you!
The Halloween Parade will be on October 30th at 9:30 in the morning. We will parade outside of the building, behind the school on the blacktop. Due to fire code, the parade will only be held outside, WEATHER PERMITTING, and will be canceled in the case of inclement weather.
Please keep in mind the following requirements for costumes:
- Costumes may not have parts that interfere with learning. This means no masks. No costumes that restrict movement or vision, prevent sitting at desks, or prevent participation in recess. Costumes should not obstruct movement in the hallways.
- Costumes may not be violent or suggestive.
- Costumes may not promote violence or have accessories/props that could be used as a weapon or look like a weapon.
- To summarize, all costumes must be school appropriate.
- Students should come to school already dressed in their costumes and ready for the parade. School bathrooms may not be used for getting ready.
- Face paint, make up or hair coloring spray should not be brought to school.
Red Ribbon Week will be October 19 - 23, 2015 and the theme this year is "Real Heroes are Drug Free." Please join us in our pledge to be drug free by dressing up for each day's theme.
Monday - Team up against drugs. Wear your favorite sports team apparel.
Tuesday - Sock it to drugs. Wear your craziest socks.
Wednesday - Hugs, not drugs. Bring a small stuffed animal to school. Stuffed animal must be small enough to sit on the corner of a desk.
Thursday - We're too bright for drugs. Wear neon, bright colors and/or sunglasses. (Sunglasses must be removed inside the building.)
Friday - RED-y to be drug free. Wear red.