Lone Peak Elementary will be CLOSED June 15 - July 31 for summer recess.
We will respond to records requests after August 15th.
New Students - Please see the article below regarding the new student registration process and our walk-in registration dates.
Online Registration - Online registration (mandatory for ALL students) opens on August 3rd at 8:00 a.m. If you need help accessing Skyward, please call the Canyons I.T. Help Desk at 801-826-5544.
New Student Walk-in Registration for 2017-2018
August 8: 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
August 9: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
First Day of School (Grades 1-5): August 23, 2017
First Day of School (Kindergarten): August 28, 2017 (Kindergarten testing appointments will be August 23-25, 2017.)
Meet the Teacher/Back to School Night: August 22, 2017 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
The complete in-office registration process will take approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Parent or legal guardian brings in ALL of the required documents below to the office. (Office will make copies of originals.)
- Parent prints registration forms below or completes forms in the office.
- Office staff enters student information into the Skyward system.
- Office staff gives parent Skyward Family Access username and password for online registration.
- In-office registration is complete as long as all documents are up-to-date.
- Parent completes online registration. (This is usually done at home. Computers are available in the office with advance notice.)
- Online Registration: Online registration is mandatory for all students EVERY school year. This is completed through the primary guardian's Skyward Family Access account.
- After online registration, the parent may see the teacher's name in Skyward Family Access under Schedule.
ALL of the following documents must be brought into the office before a student can be registered.
- Birth Certificate
- Complete Immunization Record OR Exemption Form from the Utah Department of Health
- For immunization requirements, please review the Utah Immunization Rule.
- To make an appointment for vaccinations or an exemption form at a Utah Health Department clinic, call 385-468-SHOT (7468). The closest clinic to Lone Peak Elementary is the Southeast location at 9340 South 700 East. ***Appointments are required.***
- Proof of Address (utility bill, driver's license, etc.) OR Permit
- If the student lives outside of Lone Peak Elementary boundaries, a permit must be obtained from the main office. Permits may be approved or denied by the principal.
Students Transferring from another CANYONS school: Students transferring from another school in the Canyons District are NOT required to provide a birth certificate or immunization record, provided they are complete and on record with the current school. Proof of address or permit are still required, as well as registration in the office. Online registration is also required again for Lone Peak Elementary.
The following forms are required for registration and can be filled out before registration or in the office:
- Student Housing Questionnaire HOUSING.pdf
- Lone Peak Elementary Registration Form LPREGFORM.pdf
- Request for Records PERMREQUEST.pdf
- Kindergarten Session Preference Form (OPTIONAL - Kindergarten) KINDSESSION.pdf
Please use the Bus Routes and Eligibility tool located at http://edulog.canyonsdistrict.org/liveweb/webquery/ to find out if your student is eligibile for transportation and to view the exact bus stop locations and times. Students on permit are NOT eligible for transportation. Parents must provide all transportation to and from school.
It's hard to believe that we are nearing the end of another school year! As we prepare for the upcoming 2017-2018 school year, we would like to make sure our records and class lists are as accurate as possible.
Please notify the office ASAP if your student will NOT be attending Lone Peak Elementary next year.
Also, if you have a 5th grader who will NOT be attending Draper Park or Indian Hills Middle, please let our office know so we can make sure his/her records are forwarded to the correct school.
Thank you so much for your help as we wrap up another successful year!