It's hard to believe that we are nearing the end of another school year! As we prepare for the upcoming 2018-2019 school year, we would like to make sure our records and class lists are as accurate as possible.
Please notify the office ASAP if your student will NOT be attending Lone Peak Elementary next year.
Also, if you have a 5th grader who will NOT be attending Draper Park or Indian Hills Middle, please let our office know so we can make sure his/her records are forwarded to the correct school.
Thank you so much for your help as we wrap up another successful year!
We are currently registering new students for all grades next school year (2018-2019).
Registration Hours are Monday - Friday between 9:00 - 3:00.
The school will be closed June 18 - August 3, 2018.
Walk-in Registration (after June 15):
August 7: 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
August 8: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
First Day of School (Grades 1-5): August 22, 2018
First Day of School (Kindergarten): August 29, 2018
The complete in-office registration process will take approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Parent or legal guardian brings in ALL of the required documents below to the office. (Office will make copies of originals.)
- Parent prints registration forms below or completes forms in the office.
- Office staff enters student information into the Skyward system.
- In-office registration is complete as long as all documents are up-to-date.
- Office staff will email Skyward Family Access username and password for online registration closer to August.
- Parent completes online registration in August. (This is usually done at home. Computers are available in the office with advance notice.)
- Online Registration: Online registration is mandatory for all students EVERY school year. This is completed through the primary guardian's Skyward Family Access account.
- After online registration, the parent may see the teacher's name in Skyward Family Access under Schedule.
ALL of the following documents must be brought into the office before a student can be registered.
- Birth Certificate
- Complete Immunization Record OR Exemption Form from the Utah Department of Health (*See below)
- For immunization requirements, please review the Utah Immunization Rule.
- *IMPORTANT EXEMPTION INFORMATION: Starting in the 2018-2019 school year, the state will be implementing a new exemption process. We will only be accepting exemption forms completed after July 1, 2018 due to new processes on the Utah Department of Health website which will be available to obtain on July 1, 2018.
- Proof of Address (utility bill, driver's license, etc.) OR Permit
- If the student lives outside of Lone Peak Elementary boundaries, a permit must be filled out online at https://permits.canyonsdistrict.org. Permits may be approved or denied by the principal.
- To view your student's boundary school, visit: Boundary Locator.
- Students on permit are NOT eligible for transportation.
Students Transferring from another CANYONS school: Students transferring from another school in the Canyons District are NOT required to provide a birth certificate or immunization record, provided they are complete and on record with the current school. Proof of address or permit are still required, as well as registration in the office. Online registration is also required again for Lone Peak Elementary.
The following forms are required for registration and can be filled out before registration or in the office:
- Student Housing Questionnaire HOUSING.pdf
- Lone Peak Elementary Registration Form LPREGFORM
- Request for Records (1st - 5th Grade Only) PERM_REQUEST.pdf
- Kindergarten Session Preference Form (Kindergarten Only) KIND_SESSION_.pdf
Please use the Bus Routes and Eligibility tool located at http://edulog.canyonsdistrict.org/liveweb/webquery/ to find out if your student is eligibile for transportation and to view the exact bus stop locations and times. Students on permit are NOT eligible for transportation. Parents must provide all transportation to and from school.