Believe it or not, the time has arrived for those families who have students that will be entering 1st grade for the 2015-2016 school year to begin thinking about the immersion programs throughout Canyons District. The application window for applying is open from September 30, 2014 to November 26, 2014. You may apply online at:
It is crucial that you still fill out an application for your son or daughter that may already have a sibling in the program. Siblings do receive priority enrollment, however, if you do not fill out an application for them, we assume you do not want them in the program. Please make sure you fill out an application for your son or daughter even if they have a sibling in the program.
Here are some other important dates to remember regarding this process:
Dual Immersion Timeline:
- October 7, 2014: Postcard mailing to every incoming 1st Grader and Midvale’s incoming K students announcing Open Enrollment & Parent Meeting
- October 30, 2014 6:00-8:00: District parent information meeting regarding ALL immersion programs
- November 26, 2014: Applications close on-line
- January 13, 2015: Notification to parents sent out via email w/Commitment Form
- February 4, 2015: Parent Commitment Forms Due
- Before Back-to-School Night 2015: Schools hold parent orientation meeting for incoming 1st grade parents.